Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can I Help it That my Future's so Bright?

This one time I took the Chinatown bus from New York to visit my sister in Philadelphia. It was hella hot outside and we went to catch the end of the Live 8 concert with Stevie. So we're walking and this guy stops us on the street and says to me, "You look like that one singer--what's her name? Mariah Carey!" And after he walks away, I go to big Dubin, "I don't think I really look like Mariah Carey, do you?" And she goes, "No. It's just that nobody in Philadelphia wears sunglasses that big."

1 comment:

Dubin said...

Ok, this is a good story except for being a fabrication. I remember that guy who said you look like Mariah Carey, but people in Philadelphia totally do wear sunglasses that big, so how could I have said that? Did I say that? Hmm.