Sunday, May 11, 2008

December 7, 1987

Dear Journal,

Life is hard in Mr. McLeod's class. Today is Monday so we have spelling homework (yuck!). I hate spelling homework. This week our words are: herbicides, diurnal, endoskeleton, classification, arachnids, plastron, colloquial, perceived, immoral, absorption, and statistician.

Here it is December, and I still can't get over October. It really was a terrible month with the earthquake, the stock market crash, and it rained on Halloween. This month should be better. After all, Hanukkah is in only nine days. I can't wait.

Alice

5 comments:

Mina said...

Yes! October 1987 s-u-c-k-e-d. 7:42 AM October 1st, 1987. Icky earthquake.

lil miss dubin said...

Yes, the quake was memorably terrifying. But what I want to know is why was I concerning myself with the stock market at 10 years old?

lil miss dubin said...

Also why did I hate spelling homework so much? Spelling was and is one of my strong suits. Now, math homework would have been another story.

I believe 1987 was also the year that Mr. McLeod traumatized me by giving me a B+ instead of an A on my model Independence Hall project, which included a tennis ball hemisphere used as the dome on top.

Mina said...

Maybe your spelling homework woes were really just rebellion against the mindless memorization of how letters fit together without a deeper understanding of their meanings? Now that would be cool.

stockmarketreviews said...

stock market fall affected everyone worldwide