Friday, June 22, 2007

Stop It

The people over at Evite need to check themselves. I thought it might be nice to celebrate my 30th birthday in a similar fashion to the way I might have celebrated when I turned 8: at the bowling alley. So I'm on Evite just now looking for an appropriate invitation to my party, and when I search "30," I get cards that say It's all over now! Look who's turning 30! (We're gonna need a bigger cake!) and even Still wild at 30!, which is the same thing it said on the Mylar balloon given to my sister on her 30th birthday that made her want to jump out the window at an otherwise innocuous celebration. Whatever, dude, my bowling birthday party is going to rock, and so is the big girls-only Jamaica trip that follows it. Jeal-o much, Evite? Heeeeeeeeeeeeey.

1 comment:

Lolazoella said...

Damn-- that was, like, the first eVite I've ever graced a response with, too. I mean, not like I don't get eVited to parties daily, it's just that I have avoided them as I find the whole premise of clip art and form filling to be the complete antithesis of inspiring me to come celebrate. (You, of course, could scribble invites in brown crayon on barf bag, and I'd still be first in line to bowl, so no hard feelings there.) But if I had known that their clip art also made you feel like jumping out a window (for slightly different reasons albeit) I would have... well, let's just say the boycott is official now. Spread the word.