Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August, So Far: By the Numbers

Distinct fond references to the soundtrack from 1988's Colors that have come up in conversation: 2

Times I've used some version of my catch phrase for summer '08 about "running a tight ship": 1,000

Quantity of red wine consumed: +/- a case

Beautiful Booty and Cardio Kickboxing workouts completed: +/- 8

Times I've heard that M.I.A. track with the shotgun sound in Beautiful Booty and Cardio Kickboxing classes, since it's the instructor's new favorite song: 8

Semi-disposable clothing and accessory items purchased from Forever 21 and H&M: infinite

Times I have eaten Thai for dinner: 3

Miles traveled on PCH between Santa Monica and Malibu over several trips: at least 150

Cubes of tofu consumed: semi-infinite

New hair products sampled: 5
(New products integrated into routine: 1)

Books started: 2 (The Female Brain, which is so far interesting but full of excuses, and I Was Told There'd Be Cake, which is so far posery and cloying)

New blogs I've picked up: 1 (Thanks for the stories, Diet Coke. And sorry about the way those Valentinos cut up your feet like that.)

Times sister has told me, in words or non-words, to get over myself: at least 10
Times she's been right: same

Trips to Trader Joe's on National, where it's impossible to park: 2

Times I have consulted the Magic 8 Ball on my desk at work, after not having consulted it for months: 7
Times in the last one minute: 3 (but the second time said "ask again," so the third time shouldn't count)

Personal decisions put off until tomorrow instead of today: Brain is full. Can we talk about this tomorrow?

7 comments:

Billy said...

Come over to my TJ's over on Palms. Roomier and just plain better IMHO.

Diet Coke and a Side of Fries said...

Damn, nice job on all the booty classes! I actually took my workout crap to work today and went down the gym and everything. But then it turned out I only had one tennis shoe. Whoops! So I went to in and out instead.

lil miss dubin said...

I'm just kind of tickled that Burger and Diet Coke and Fries commented on this post. A square meal, and tasty too!

Dubin said...

Wait, huuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh? I whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Billy said...

Buahahaha!! That. Is. AWESOME!

Diet Coke and a Side of Fries said...

Tell me more about this beautiful booty class you speak of. I will be needing to get my booty in shape really soon [like, for real, for real].

lil miss dubin said...

Equinox West Hollywood! (I also work out at Equinox in Westwood and Santa Monica too, but West Hollywood has the best people watching, and is across the street from my office at Sunset Plaza.)

Basically, it's a full workout targeted to the lower body, mostly butt, using weights and a body bar, and often the Bosu and medicine ball. It rules. Get there.