Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Sunset Boulevard Play in One Act

Ext. A City of West Hollywood parking lot off Sunset.

ME
(pulling up in a Mazda3 hatchback)
You know a Yukon isn't a compact car, right?

LEON
(parking Yukon in two $125/monthly compact spaces)
Yes, but they're the only spaces left. You're busting my chops pretty early in the morning.

ME
(opening trunk to place gym bag, exposing pink boxing gloves stored there)
That's true.

LEON
(seeing gloves)
Oh, I see you're serious. Wow, I like that. What's your name? I'm Leon. I used to box. Where do you box? We should box some time.

ME
If you keep parking that Yukon in a compact space, I bet we will.

THE END

2 comments:

mexi melt said...

YOU SHOULD BE A WRITER!
you're funny!

Willis said...

Hi Alice - entertaining blog you've got going here! Was fun to meet you at Billys movie yesterday and missed you at the subsequent Father's Office outing. Keep in touch-
Willis