Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm Cured

...cured of the idea that having a real job in a real office again might be fun. i'm posting from my treo in the jury assembly room in the criminal courts building after having woken up in the dark to report to jury duty downtown by 7:30 am. I resented having to set my alarm, and be on I-10 while the other suckers were on the 10. and I resent that I can't go to my 10 AM rock'n body sculpt class at the gym. plus its one degree in l.a.--after reaching almost 90 on monday and tuesday--and I'm cold in my gold flats. over it. can't wait to go back to working in my jammies at home with my coffee maker and my cat.

Update: I didn't get picked for jury duty. Yay. Of the people left in that room at the end of the day--maybe 25 of the original 250--one was me, and one, I noticed late, was Selma Hayek. And here I was, feeling sorry for myself for the unfortunate fate of jury duty right during the professionally inconvenient time of awards season. I guess it would have been rather inconvenient for Selma too. Turns out stars are just like Us!

No comments: