Saturday, January 27, 2007

Traveled Down the Road and Back Again

I dreamed I was at a pool party (which was lousy because it was raining) and I went up to talk to this girl I recognized from Warner elementary. I got a few words out before she said, "Really? You think I want to talk to you? No way." And she told me that because she'd been unpopular, I had been mean to her, but this didn't compute, because I thought I'd been the one who was unpopular with other people being mean to me. Had I been mean to her? I couldn't remember. But I'm sure that this much is true: even though I had braces and oversized Sally Jessie Raphael-red glasses and big Jewish hair I hadn't yet figured out how to manage, and I figured myself for a target of some kids' ridicule, I'm sure other kids had it way, way worse.

I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have friends. In fact, of friends I've been blessed with a surplus. What fortune!

2 comments:

Megan said...

We are blessed, blessed, blessed and lucky besides to have so many friends.

Avril Love said...

Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidante!