Thursday, March 27, 2008

Patrons of the Arts

Yesterday my dad told me on the phone that, while at the Getty Center on Monday with my mom and aunt and uncle, he ran into Huell Howser! Filming an episode of California's Gold right there at that moment! And they had a lovely chat! And my dad said he would not wash his hand after shaking Huell's until he got a chance to shake mine, so I could benefit from the glorious transference of my hero's germs or dirt or DNA or whatever, like on that episode of The Brady Bunch with Davy Jones.

I said, "Dad! That's even better than when mom ran into Val Kilmer at the Bel Air Hotel." And he goes, "Oh wait, Val was there too. At the Getty!" Seriously? What are the chances.

So it was my mom, dad, aunt J, uncle A, Val Kilmer, and Huell Howser all enjoying a sunny Monday afternoon at the Getty. The things you miss when you have a job.

4 comments:

mexi melt said...

Why is Stubs (S.Dubin) the funniest person i know?
is it just that we can think other's people's dad's are hilarious yet our own flesh and blood can only be embarrassing or out of touch.

i don't think my dad is funny, but everyone else seems to think he is. including my dad.

then again, i inherited that quality in that i think i'm quite hilarious.

Dubin said...

My head is sort of spinning right now.

Unknown said...

I'll never wash this cheek as long as I live!

ascia said...

hahahahaha